Old December 17th 04, 02:15 PM
Sean Trost

Joe DVI-a = Digital video interface A
It be digital. you will need the adapter.
all the best
Spacedman

Joe C wrote:
Thanks Don for your quick response. The new 22" monitor is an IBM
ThinkVision C220P which I thought was digital but I just checked and
see that it is DVI-A so I guess this all goes out the window. Rats!

It is replacing my old IIlamya (sp?) 19".

JC

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:42:44 -0600, "Don Parker"
wrote:

Joe C wrote:

I have a new monitor coming for my system and before I sell the old
one I would like to hook up both to my PC and run FS9. The video card,
ATI Radon 9800, supports 2 monitors. Any suggestions on how to do this
since I never used two before. I assume I just drag and drop to the
other monitor? What do most people put on the second monitor? I assume
the throtle panel, the radio stack, etc? How do you get the scenery to
span two monitors? Any info would be more that what I know now.
Thanks.

Unless your new monitor is digital, you'll still need a digital/analog
converter for the cards digital output (1 digital, 1 analog).
Go to display properties, enable the second monitor at what ever parameters
you want, then in windows mode (not full screen, although there is a little
dance you can do to move things there as well) undock the windowed piece you
want to move, drag & drop. I usually plant the GPS there, then it depends
on the airplane is use whether I display the radio stack, throttles, etc..
there as well. Put an extra outside view and you're asking for a big fps
It's also very handy for other uses, like two web sites open for comparison
shopping, etc...... Get used to it and you won't get rid of the old
monitor!!
Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
Don