Old February 11th 04, 01:16 PM
Bob's Your Uncle

"M. J. Powell" wrote in message

....snip...
B-26's carry bombardier navigators. Each one in the formation plots the
flight as though he was flying lead. As I
was plotting our course my plot looked as though the lead was taking us

right
over Frankfort.I must have
made a mistake in my plot. I did it over and over. No mistake. When we

landed
we all talked about the error. It seems everyone knew where we were

except for
the lead navigator. We paid a high price for maintaining iron discipline

in
radio silence. One more point, We never saw that navigator again.

Art, I would like to ask some stupid questions. Why keep radio silence
then? Mike
--
M.J.Powell

Why are these psuedo navigators plottting a course for home after hitting
the taret? One would think they would have that pre-planned as well as a
course from the secondary.
This narrative is from someone who doesn't know the difference between
Compass Deviation and Magnetic Variation, as we remember!
Perhaps, in additio he meant a Heading instead of a Course?