Old April 5th 13, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Air-to-air communication and the FCC/FAA

With respect, the belief 1-1/2 frequencies will handle all the bandwidth of competition P-PC is shocking.

My suspicion is there will be considerable bandwidth use which will only reduce after seasons of practice and experience. It is also my belief the lack of dedicated P-PC frequencies will create generous "road rage" and interrupt pilot concentration; something competition soaring absolutely does not need. Many pilots already "mute" their radios with just the current distraction of 123.3 and 123.5. Imagine the increase in distraction with the addition of P-PC

I'm all for team flying but its my belief SSA let this one out of the oven half baked without including provisions for FCC/FAA dedicated P-PC frequencies.