Old November 26th 16, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Sale today on 12 Volt flexible solar panel

On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 3:30:23 PM UTC-8, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 6:10:24 PM UTC-5, Soartech wrote:
Glue on your tail boom and never charge your battery again.
https://www.solarblvd.com/product_in...oducts_id=3082

I would not do this. The temperature that will be generated under the panel is going to be very high, potentially weakening the structure. Those who glued flexible panels on top of their RVs know what I am talking about. I have seen melted flexible panels.

This panel would be too large to put on a tail boom anyway (despite the quoted dimensions of 46x21mm!). They also imply that you can't bend this thing in an extreme way. On the other hand, the $/W is very good if you can use it in some non-aviation application.

Tom