Old January 24th 18, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default How Many Clubs Still Have A 1-26?

On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 3:33:42 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I have always had a suspicion, with a few exceptions, that while many clubs still have a 1-26 on their roles, they are fairly under utilized

From what I've seen, if you get 13-18 year olds involved in flying gliders, flying a nice 1-26 is a goal to strive for, and an experience to savor. The magic still works.

So I'm thinking that the under-utilization of 1-26s may have something to do with the demographics of glider clubs.

And as an older person, I enjoyed my 1-26 phase a few years ago, but after a while I lost interest in our completely worn out 1-26. That said, I recently jumped at the chance to fly a nicely restored 1-26 on the right day.

So I'm thinking the under-utilization of 1-26s may have something to do with worn out condition of club 1-26s.