Old March 7th 18, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default SSA 2018 - Weather Presentations

PBL height is the very last field on a long list often with some blank lines.

On the HRRRE (for Ensemble experimental), there are limited graphics. It mostly just a probability of some threshold or event occurring looking at nine solutions... or a nine panel graphic... showing all nine solutions like for radar or echo tops.

Reference description of parameters:

https://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/RAP_var_diagnosis.html

Walt Rogers WX

On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 7:00:48 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Walter Rogers "WX"

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

on the HRRR - very often cannot find the PBL height, why is that parameter just not available sometimes?

Can you explain what we should look at and try to learn from on the HRRR ensemble?

Also while we are at it, I can't find on the HRRR page a good description of each parameter [what it is, what to learn from each]. It appears to be a page by programmer & forecasters for professional forecasters. I'd love to see a description of what each parameter is, just like Dr Jack does for "Hcrit" for example.

Chris