Old October 17th 20, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Best Overall Motorglider available today?

On Friday, October 16, 2020 at 3:03:20 AM UTC-7, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 8:55:27 PM UTC+1, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Maybe it says something about Namibia flying, but it says nothing about the Parowan motorglider
event I've been going to for over 10 years. We discuss the flights, rarely the motors. Ditto
for when I fly at Ely following the Parowan event.

I remember arriving at Parowan for a contest immediately after the motorglider meet there and found a bunch of them on the apron working on engines. I distinctly remember someone welding a silencer together and another rebuilding a carburetor. Eric probably missed this because he was busy flying!

Mike

I am curious about what year that was. I have only missed one year at Parowan in over a decade and can't recall what you are talking about. There have been plenty of times, however, when I was prepared to fly my glider and the towplane wasn't, either because of mechanical, regulatory of tow pilot issues. I also have gone to airports where there was no towplane whatsoever.

Tom