Old December 21st 03, 06:52 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:7oiFb.618964$Fm2.558042@attbi_s04...
With built-in flight timers becoming the norm in virtually all new avionics
(heck, even the new transponder I'm getting has one), just wondering if
folks are migrating away from using hobbs/tach time to record their flight
time?

I can't think of any reason to stop using the hobbs. I don't have to
leave the avionics on after the flight to check the GPS time, the
hobbs is always right there as I'm closing the door. I also use my
hobbs to track the time I've spend on each tank (even though I have an
EDM fuel flow computer). The hobbs seems like a perfect, simple
device.