Old June 21st 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Cherokee 140 - LASAR vs. Powerflow vs. Laminar Speed Kit

In article . com,
"EridanMan" wrote:

So my annual on 'Julie' (A Cherokee 140) is coming in substantially
lower than expected, and it looks like I'm going to have about 4k in
funds freed up that I had already budgeted to spend.

Of course, the sensible side of me says I should save the money for
Fuel... but what fun is that?

Not much.

So... The situation is, new owner (first plane), considering mods. The
cowling is already apart and cylinders are off, and I'm wondering if I
should take advantage of the moment to install some goodies.

She already is getting the AMR&D 160 hp mod.

did you re-pitch the prop? When I modified my 140, I re-pitched
to the 60" prop, gained cruise speed and climb rate.

So... question is - which should I get?

Save it for next year.

[snip]
The laminar Speed Kit is the lowest price (for parts), 2300 for fast
pants, airleron and flap seals, hinge fairings and wing smoothing...
I'm afraid that the wing smoothing is going to demand a repainting
though, and that's a bit more than I'd like to spend. But it is
another option.

But it adds weight, taking away from the already constrained useful load

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the