Old May 9th 04, 01:49 PM
David Megginson

Jay Honeck wrote:

It sure sounded like a good idea -- too bad it didn't work out for him.
(And those of you who did the installation on your birds...)

It did sound like a good idea. I came close to buying one when my last
vacuum pump failed, but the wait time was too long.

Afterwards, I read the Air Safety Foundation report that everyone cites on
the danger of vacuum pump failures: it turns out that they did not find a
*single* fatal accident from 1983 to 1997 involving a vacuum-pump failure
for a fixed-gear plane flying IFR -- losing control partial panel seems to
be a retractable thing.

Does anyone know of any vacuum-pump-related fatal accidents from 1997-2004
in fixed-gear planes flying IFR?

All the best,

David