Old September 24th 12, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Accurate tire pressure gage?

I bought an electronic one for my track car that measures 1/2 PSI. It's consistent which I interpret as accurate. Don't know the brand, but it's black and shaped like a mini water pistol that hides in your hand. Twelve years later bouncing around the car door pocket it still works great. Measure tires at a consistent temperature, more important for cars than gliders. Most people let the quick oil change guy set their tires, regardless if they're cold or hot, probably hot if they warmed up the oil properly before the change. So they're setting it about 3 PSI off. I see several similar ones to mine on Google for $10-15, so that's a good place to start. They're probably all made in China now anyway.