Old February 10th 18, 07:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default VTOL Electric Aircraft

On Friday, February 9, 2018 at 3:46:09 AM UTC-8, Kiwi User wrote:
On Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:39:21 -0800, 2G wrote:

Dale Kramer proposed a kickstarter funder VTOL aircraft a couple of
years ago
(https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...vlazair-model-

of-230mph-3hr-flight-vertical-takeof)
that I had a number of serious concerns over. While the kickstarter was
unsuccessful, it is worth noting that such an aircraft has being
successfully developed in China:

https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/new...TOL-Passenger-

Flights-230280-1.html

Their idea of "long range" is only 6 miles!

That thing scares me silly - not so much in the air, but the thought of
mixing people's legs with those knee-level, unguarded rotors just looks
like an accident waiting to happen.

At least with Dale Kramer's VTO thing you didn't have to walk through the
rotors to get into it.

--

Have you ever been around power planes? They do have propellers that you can walk into, and people have.

Kramer's idea was a pipe dream that never got off the drawing board - this is a real, working full scale product.

Tom