Old January 29th 21, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Carris[_2_]

Default Another oldie showcasing Soaring's Finest?

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 4:15:40 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Steve Leonard wrote on 1/28/2021 2:09 PM:
Google searching for something else, and stumbled on to this 1969 ad.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/v...?adppopup=true

Flame Suit on!!

Steve Leonard

So much odd about this ad: why did he land so long? Why did they leave the glider sitting
there? Are they going for a rope to tow it back? Who will walk the wing: the guy that landed
long, or the crew that forgot the rope? And was that really a hot, sporty car in 1969? I don't
think so!

Ad Agencies!!
Chuckle..Why would you want to diss any car comparing it with a 2-33? Well maybe a Yugo.