Old January 29th 21, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Another oldie showcasing Soaring's Finest?

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 8:22:34 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I am curious what was the google search you were conducting "for a friend" when you found this, and great find!!

I was actually doing some looking around for information on the Ted Nelson Hummingbird. It brought up a link to this page with "46 Motor Glider Premium Footage..." Part of the fun stuff we get to do on the board of the National Soaring Museum. All the remaining Hummingbirds are in museums now.

https://www.gettyimages.com/videos/m...rt=mostpopular

If you scroll around in there, you can see footage of the prototype Hummingbird. It was a two seat, side by side, retracting engine, self launching sailplane. It evolved for low rate production into a tandem seating configuration that looks similar to the later Schweizer 2-32.

Steve Leonard