Old September 16th 04, 08:06 PM
Maule Driver

So, as an owner I should know this but I'll ask anyway..... Will insurance
payoff on this one? If he was flying his own plane? If he was flying Dad's
plane?

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message
Got back to NJ from Columbus, OH yesterday afternoon. Waiting for the

line
boy to fill us up, I noticed the tail of a plane sticking out of one of

the
T-hangars. Very high tail at a funny angle. Several people standing
around, along with a backhoe. Seems earlier that morning the 40-year-old
son (commercial pilot, according to the paper) of someone who rents one of
the T-hangars was high on something, set his amphibious-float-equipped 185
down and immediately made a high-speed 30 degree turn toward his dad's
hangar. Judging from the grooves in the grass, the brakes were on the

whole
way. Clipped off the wingtip of a 172 that was tied down along the way,
missed the first row of hangars, and then proceeded to park the plane in

his
T-hangar with the door closed. Unfortunately, his Dad's other plane was
already in there, a Comanche. Both planes totaled. Hangar doors

destroyed.
Pilot, unharmed, arrested for flying while intoxicated. The only good

news
is that both of the totaled airplanes were his/his dad's. Pretty amazing
when you consider that his hangar was not the first on in the row. If he
just lost it, it's highly ironic that he hit his own hangar dead center.

I don't have to like Bush and Cheney (Or Kerry, for that matter) to love
America