Old September 17th 04, 12:46 AM
Peter Duniho

"Hilton" wrote in message
ink.net...
I sincerely hope not - why should you and I pay higher premiums for some
intoxicated fool (assuming he was intoxicated).

Inasmuch as there are policies out there without provisions against flying
drunk, and inasmuch as you may have a policy yourself that has no such
provision, you *do* pay higher premiums for some intoxicated fool.

If your policy has a provision against flying drunk, then you personally
should have a rate that reflects that and would not be paying higher
premiums for the people flying drunk. But anyone without such a provision
would be.

Check your auto policy. Does it have a provision that voids your coverage
if you are driving drunk? It probably does not. If that's the case, then
you are paying higher premiums for drunk drivers for your auto insurance.
Same thing for airplanes.

Pete