Old July 11th 03, 12:44 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:37:45 GMT, "S. Ramirez" wrote:

Now this sounds great, but I have not been able to find any reference to
this in the literature. I can only find references to the "within 30°" to
define a straight in approach, but I can't find that it also has to cross
the runway centerline. Can anyone help me out on this?

Well, as I read TERPS, it doesn't necessarily have to cross the extended
centerline, but where it does not, the course must be within 500' of the
extended centerline at a point 3000' outward from the runway threshold.

My crude measurements indicate the course is parallel but the NDB is
located about 1150 ft from the centerline of Rwy 9/27, so it violates that
requirement.

The reference is TERPS 713.a.(2)(a)