Old January 5th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Changed the oil today...

Our county cut a deal with a re-refiner down in Sacramento to put up a 350
gallon storage container into which we dump our useed oil. WE are on our
honor not to dump gasoline contaminated oil, and so far after 10 years we've
never been gigged for contaminated waste oil.

THe rerefiner, of course, simply filters the bejesus out of the oil and
remarkets it in quarts to the cheap auto parts stores where it merrily
lubricates old automobile engines that burn a quart every couple of hundred
miles.

Those rerefiners have a regular "circuit" that they make on a daily basis on
a 500 mile radius of their home base. You might want to talk your local
airport commission into an investigation -- as I recall, the rerefiner pays
a few bucks a gallon to the county for the privilege.

Jim

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
. net...
Jay: What do you do with the used oil? Our FBO wouldn't take it because
they were concerned it might somehow be contaminated. Rather than
accumulate a drum of waste oil that I would need to get a hazmat permit to
get rid of, I have the mechanic do it.

JN