Old January 13th 11, 06:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
frank

Default China's stealth jet -J-20

On Jan 12, 4:52*pm, Daryl Hunt wrote:
On 1/12/2011 3:13 PM, Andrew Swallow wrote:

On 12/01/2011 18:11, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jan 12, 8:31 am, wrote:
Not sure how true it is BUT I live about a mile from Filton
and in an
area where there were a lot of people who worked on the
project. When
new neighbours moved in next door about ten years ago they
started
stripping wallpaper and found a thin wire similar to a radio
aerial
running round the picture rail of a back bedroom...........
One of the
previous owners was an aircraft engineer.
--
Malcolm

That sounds like an old shortwave antenna, not one for VHF or UHF
aircraft or military bands.
http://www.hamuniverse.com/shortwaveantenna.html

jsw

Shortwave can reach spy central near Moscow.

Andrew Swallow

Or just about anywhere else. *I doubt if it was monitored then as
it is now looking for code words to trigger. *I doubt they had
the capability unless there was a huge room full of people
involved each listing on a different freq.

Used to be that way. Pfc's with a tape recorder were cheap.