Old March 23rd 04, 06:57 AM
Mark James Boyd

Well, John didn't make it to LaNeva either. We had a
great BBQ lunch and even a steak dinner, and were not
graced by his presence either Sat or Sun

Too bad, I had a Whoopie cushion all ready for him too...

In article ,
Cindy B wrote:
"John Shelton" wrote in message hlink.net...
I get your point. I was joking. I am going to go sit in a beat up old hulk
and fly with a beat up old hulk before I fly. Then I will sit alone in my
cockpit for quite a while review all emergency procedures and practicing all
hand movements to match those requirements. Then I will get out, read the
manual one more time and then maybe fly. Maybe not.

John:

I was so disappointed.
Often you fly your glider at my airport.

I had my hair curled and lipstick on this weekend.
And all I got for my trouble was called a "beat up old hulk".....

Oh. Sorry. You must have been heading to La Neva. ;-)

Since we didn't see you at L71, we went soaring to 10,200 msl
without you on the 20th. One of the guys on Sunday flew about
250 km out and return. I was so disappointed by your absence,
that I took the Brit's advice.....

and went to a Sunday meeting room with 85 wonderful friends and had a
Spring refresher training ground school day, where we talked about
sitting in cockpits and being prepared, and re-reading that flight manual
(that generates new information while laying in the drawer all winter),
and landout site selection criteria, and map preparation, and navigational
electrical tools and use, and maneuvers that would be useful to practice
with instructors for accuracy landing training and crew preparation and
.... oh heck.
We talked all day. We call it Back in The Saddle, here in southern Cal.

So. We have satisfied both criteria.
We flew on one day, and talked on another about safety.
I think we must be ready to go fly now for the rest of the calendar year.

Hulk. I forgot to wash off my St. Pat's green face paint.
You meant Incredible Hulk, didn't you?

Best to all,

Cindy B

--