Old February 7th 05, 04:35 AM
Peter R.

Wizard of Draws wrote:

On the ground, they told me it would be faster
if I took off VFR and opened my plan in the air, so I did.

Hey, Jeff, since you received a lot of answers to your direct question, I
thought I'd take a different slant with your post. In response to the
above quote, consider this article:

http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/189034-1.html

This article, coupled with a "learning" experience I had last summer have
taught me to really ensure there are comfortable VFR conditions for many
miles surrounding the airport before I launch VFR expecting to pick up an
IFR clearance in the air.

Just something to consider for future flights.

--
Peter