Old November 6th 07, 11:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Victor Cassano

Default SO WHAT DID YOUR PARENTS DO IN THE BIG WAR

My dad was an aircraft mechanic in the Navy. He spent most of his time in
the South Pacific wrenching Catalinas (Solomon Islands).

My mom was a teen in northern Italy. When the allied bombers flew over, she
could tell if she needed to find shelter or just watch. Listening to the
sound they made, heavy bomb filled planes groaned, empty ones zoomed at a
higher pitch.

Proud Son

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
Well after watching the Ken Burns series THE WAR ad naseum ad naseum,
I thought I'd come into the group today with one of my curious questions.

What did your parents, family, etc. do in the big WWII.

Mine worked at the Canada Car foundry in what was then called
Fort William, Ontario.

They were inspectors helping to make Hawker Hurricanes and later other
types of figthers including the Curtis Helldiver.

How about your folks.....