Old April 3rd 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Just wondering.....

where are you?, ok.. Comcast is a US company
AFAIK, Experimental aircraft cannot be used in a commercial operation for
"Rides for hire" or Commercial Instruction to the general public.
In a club situation, and flying club members for instruction, it should be a
non-issue. Same for the FR or FAA Checkride, as long as the DPE is aware of
the experimental category and he has no problems with it.

I was under the impression that most L-13s were certified in the US in the
standard category.. why is this one Experimental?

BT

wrote in message
ups.com...
I was just wondering if there are any restrictions on the type of
certificates that a sailplane may have for instruction? How about
taking your flight test or bfr? During hanger chat we discussed the use
of a Blanik thats experimental for instruction and rides....just
wondering if a can of worms is going to pop open. Thanks for any
information!

LakLJ