Old April 10th 05, 07:25 PM

and he looked pretty shocked when I said, "No thanks, I
don't know how you fly!"

Bob Fry wrote:
Whoa! Aren't there other ways of getting out of a risky flight?? You
know, think back to your dating days..."oh, I can't go out with you
then, I'm cleaning out my cat's litter box that night..."

Or was it only me?

It would have been different if I kind of knew this guy or knew others
who know him. I'd only seen him at the airport once before ... he pulled
up in his car to talk with me (translation: interrupt) while I was
preflighting. I was courteous and stopped for a few minutes to talk,
even though I don't interrupt others when I see them preflighting,
especially people I don't even know. When he walked up the second time,
and just ASSUMED that because we'd talked once, I would go with him--
"SO, when are we going flying??"--I could have made a nicer-sounding
excuse, but my deliberate curt response hopefully conveyed that just
because we had one "good morning, nice day isn't it?" conversation
doesn't mean that I'm going to climb into an airplane with what is
still, when you think about putting your life in their hands, a TOTAL
STRANGER. Again, it's a no-brainer that you don't take *car* rides from
total strangers ... why are airplane rides any different?