Old April 10th 05, 10:02 PM
G. Sylvester

Bob Fry wrote:
The other time was years ago when I was in a flying club. There, you
get to know the club members and based on their behavior on the ground
you can extrapolate to their behavior in the air.

that's funny because on the ground (especially in rental cars ;-) ) I
have this reputation of being a lunatic....ok not that bad. ;-) I like
to push things but I know where the line is and stay well well clear of
going near it. For instance, when I ski, I like to go fast-ish and
don't mind jumping off of 8 foot cornices.
If I don't know where the line is, I don't even think about
going near it. I know my limitations. In the air though, I am
unbelievably conservative ever since day one. I do everything very
formerly, follow the rules, follow the standard procedures, don't
even go close to thinking I'm a test pilot. Well my friends know
this but others probably think I should be institutionalized.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to convince my brother (a neurologist)
and his wife (a psychiatrist) of this.

But you are correct, generally the crazy person on the ground
is the crazy person in the air.

Gerald