Old December 15th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Default LS3-A water bags

Well Mike, do you feel better now that you have bashed those who might
have the information you seek? I have answers to both of your
questions, but you won't getting them from me!
JJ Sinclair
Graduated from USAF A&E mechanic school, Shepard AFB, June 1952

On Dec 15, 5:27 am, wrote:
I want to remove the water bags in my LS3-A and check them for leaks.
The only hole I see at the wingtip is a 3/8 hole located on the bottom
about 2 or three inches from the tip. How do I get the bag out
without ruining the ability to get it back in?

Also, the seat belts have been in the ship since new. No tags on the
belts. They are in fair shape but I am replacing them anyway. My
question is, since these belts are original, and no TSO tags, how did
the annual get signed off every year? (I know how the annual got
signed off. 200 bucks and your done) But as owners of these
sailplanes we are legally responsible for the airworthiness of these
ships. How many of us are getting pencil-whipped anuals. Is this a
concern as the average age of the fleets is getting older? This may
be a beer-in-the bar discussion but I am curious as to who is getting
inspections done by an IA experienced in glass sailplanes or just
getting a quick sign off by the powered aircraft IA who works ourt of
the back of his truck?

Thanks
Mike Martin