Old May 26th 21, 10:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Replacing aging club Grobs...best options?

On Wed, 26 May 2021 09:43:14 +0100, Nick Hill wrote:

We did have a 1001 Club on site for a weekend and pilots who were
familiar with the 505 all noted that the approach control on the 1001
Club was uneventful compared to the 505. In fact it was very noticable
that when all levels of club pilot including pre-solo flew it we did not
have a single heavy arrival and most commented how easy it was to do a
nice smooth held off landing.

I've only flown a DG-1000 once, but thought it was easy to fly and land,
and very manoeverable one I got used to its size and weight, but getting
in and out of it wasn't easy - rather like an ASH-25.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org