Old October 13th 03, 03:13 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

But no one (to my knowledge) has proposed eliminating regular unleaded.

They are mainly doing that in heavily populated areas, and in many of these
places, only in Winter. New Jersey, for example, has mandated that "oxygenated"
fuel be sold during the Winter. Until recently, that meant that MBTE was added,
but they are switching to ethanol. Postings on this group indicate that things
may be worse in California in this respect - anyone?

In areas with these laws, it becomes impossible to buy gas without ethanol at
the highway gas stations.

George Patterson
unintentional side effect. - Linus Torvalds, speaking about Linux.