Old September 28th 03, 10:19 PM
BillHeronemus

I noticed similar dissapointments when I started using FS2004 a few days ago.
Since I live in lower Delaware, I usually try flying out of KGED Sussex County
airport and head NE towards the Delaware Bay and North past Atlantic City to
sightsee around NYC. Well, I noticed that at the default airport in KSEA
Seattle Tacoma International when you take off, you can see ferry boats with
some realistic cars inside crossing a river, with what appears to be fairly
accurate detail. There is no detail whatsoever in the Delaware Bay scenery.
No lighthouses (Not even the Cape May lighthouse in N.J.), no Breakwaters or
Ice Breakers (Rock Piles), no Ships or boats, not even the Cape May - Lewes
Ferry which usually has two crossing the bay at any one time. The Inlets are
missing their Jetties, No Lewes-Rehoboth canal, No Boardwalks at Rehoboth beach
or Ocean city MD, and only one highrise building in O.C.? What did they use,
maps from the 1920's??? It seems like the very least they could have done was
use some Coastal navigation charts like #12304 which covers the Delaware Bay in
Detail and shows the channels the Freighters and Tankers take to drop off their
cargo in Philadelphia. There is so much detail that could be inserted to make
this a realistic FS. Now, I know the programmers on the west coast may not
care about making any extra effort to make the east coast recognizable to those
of us that live here, but from what I've seen so far, the only improvement has
been in the clouds. Maybe there could be some less expensive programmers in
India who could be hired to bring out the true potential in this product. I'm
just thankful I paid less than $50.00 for it at a computer show. I was
really looking forward to a far superior product.