Old January 23rd 06, 11:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default New gun

"Richard Lamb" wrote

You are probably right, Jim, but think of the Navy's AGIS.
Close-in high-rate radar-guided anti-air fire.
(A lot of dashes, but you get the drift)

\
Yes, but AGIS can shoot off a couple of bursts (maybe more) then put some
more ammo to it and keep going. With this, you change out the whole system,
guns and all. Sounds like a lot more time between being ready for new
threats, and being exposed while reloading, or lots of systems mounted all
at once,
--
Jim in NC

I could see this new system mounted on a hummer or Bradley for RPG
protection, but you shoot one RPG, unload the system, then fire another RPG
and get right through.

Good idea, but I just can't see it being practical.

The best way to use it might be for IED's disposal, mounted on a RC vehicle.
Now if we could just detect them all.....