Old September 24th 04, 06:12 PM
William Davenant

Joe Mamma wrote in message . ..

Nobody had to go to court to get Bush's records. He released them.

Then this sure was a waste of time:

http://www.theunionleader.com/articl...?article=44097

Why did that happen?

Because some people think the DoD is withholding docs despite
being order by the President to release. Given the DoD can't
even keep "secret" things secret, it seems extremely unlikely
that they would conspire with parties unknown to deliberately
withhold documents that Bush had ordered released.

The scenario they're (liberal kooks in this case) imaging
is this: The President, their boss, the big kahuna, orders
them to locate and release all relevant documents pertaining
to his military service. But, via some occult side-channel,
they're told not to look too hard etc. Well, alas to the person in
the middle! In real life, all sorts of alarm bells would sound
and red lights would flash, and there'd be leaking to the press
galore etc.

What really happens is stuff like this: that the official
retention period for some records passed long ago.
They're not found under Bush or any other likely heading.
They're presumed destroyed in accordance with policy.
Later, when rearranging things or cleaning, some drips and
drabs of said files are located under Tree or Shrub etc. etc.

But to the conspiratorial-minded this is implausible, of
course! There must be a conspiracy. ;-) So in addition to
the President ordering the docs to be released, we'll get
some judge to order the DoD to look again.

It's kind of amusing, actually.

Speaking of documents, tho, why can't Kerry release all his
military records? I know he's an honest and honorable person.
I'm sure he doesn't have anything he wants to hide. He's
a war hero after all. So what's the big idea not releasing
all his service records? He is running for President.
Seems relevant, especially since he's made an issue of
his heroism and capscity to lead .... I'm surprised CBS
hasn't looked into this.

wd