Old December 3rd 04, 09:05 PM
Peter Seddon

"Kilo Charlie" wrote in message
news:yB2sd.19804$KO5.10476@fed1read02...
Interesting argument. Also interesting responses some of which have
nothing
to do with your original post. Must just be the grumpy winter lurkers.

Sorry but the origional post said that the lack of cheap gliders was
responsible for the decline in gliding. Not so, in the UK the bad flying
weather over the past three years has put paid to more of our members than
anything else.

I agree with you. Soaring has to be "cool" again in order to have it
survive. I'm not sure that reducing the costs somewhat wouldn't help but
nevertheless that alone will not save it.

Come fly with us, no waiting time to join just pay us £130 for a years
membership, £2 /min aerotow and 20p /min hire, how cheap do you want it to
be.

It is an instant gratification world out there. Why should a kid spend
countless hours learning how to do something and paying the dues by
watching
others do it in front of them when they can get out the X-box or Gameboy
and
go at it with minimal instruction, cost or delay?

I can agree with that!!! But I had great fun throwing my B4 about the sky
trying to loose the last 5k feet. You dont get that with an XBox.

Peter.