Old June 7th 05, 07:03 PM
Javier Henderson

"Mike Rapoport" writes:

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
"Mike Rapoport" writes:

I suspect that there are a lot of reasons including:

Certification issues
Availible engineering resources
Slow implementation of LPV approaches by FAA

There are many tens of thousands of 430s and 530 installed and upgrading
them represents a lot of revenue for Garmin, so I doubt that they are
just
sitting on their hands.

My cynical view is different.

Garmin announced WAAS upgradeability to compete with the CNX80.

Garmin acquired UPSAT, and with it the CNX80, eliminating competition.

WAAS upgrade for the GNS series, you ask... yeah, um...

-jav

That makes no sense from their point of view. They make money by coming up
with new things to sell you.

Assuming they make money on those $1500 upgrades...

-jav