Old October 31st 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default 757 lands on EWR taxiway by mistake

Guy Elden Jr writes:

Must've been cleared for the visual to 11. I remember my instructor and
chief flight instructor both hammering home the point about knowing the
color of lights associated with the approach lighting system, runway,
and taxiway. The head of the flight school is a DE, and during my
instrument oral exam he quized me about pretty much every aspect of the
lighting system. Haven't forgotten it to this day.

How hard is it to distinguish between them? Aren't taxiways always
outlined in blue (and runways _never_ outlined in blue)?