Old August 15th 08, 04:39 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Tiger

Default Pakistan's Musharraf to resign as president

La N wrote:
"eatfastnoodle" wrote in message
On Aug 14, 9:16 pm, "La N" wrote:

"Tiger" wrote in message

Just when the world is watching something else, the other shoe drops....

Yahoo! News

Pakistan's Musharraf to resign as president: report

2 hours, 56 minutes ago

Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf will resign rather than face
impeachment by parliament, the Financial Times said on its Web site,
citing government officials and a member of his circle.

Just yesterday, I believe, I was watching on some news shows interviews
with
Pakistanis who say that the hatred that Pakistanis have had against
America
is because of the US support of Musharraf who is very unpopular in his own
country.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next.

- nilita

I believe it's more of the other way around. Musharraf is hated
because of his alliance with US. Blair used to be hottie NO.1 in
Britain until he became Bush's poodle NO.1 in the eyes of his
countrymen. The former Spanish prime minister got himself voted out of
office because he was seen too close to the US. I suppose you don't
seriously believe US is hated because of Musharraf? I mean, come on.

Okay, you tell me .... why *do* the Pakistanis hate the U.S.?

- nilita

Dropping bombs on non Talibans has not won many hearts & minds for a
start....