Old September 20th 09, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Default Cobra Trailer Spare Tire mount failure

On Sep 20, 12:37*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Sep 20, 11:43*am, Mike the Strike wrote:

Mine failed in the same way. *It seems to be a design feature of the
Cobra, like the hydraulic ramp jack.

Mike

I never did like suspending all that weight with no part of the tire
resting on the floor, ala Komet.
JJ

My fix was to mount the spare flat on the floor under the fuselage
nose. This means I would have to remove the fuselage to get the spare
out, but I have only had to change one tire in 35 years. Now, watch me
blow a tire next week on my way to Williams!
JJ