Old June 7th 04, 11:58 PM
Bob Gardner

I usually appreciate your input to these newsgroups because you obviously
have an insider's perspective. In this case, however, you have not done your
homework. Enhanced GPS meets the RNP 0.3 standard, which will make it good
for nonprecision approaches when the funding is solid and the whole system
is upgraded.

Bob Gardner

wrote in message ...

Bob Gardner wrote:

OK, then, go to www.avionicsmagazine.com, June 2004 issue, and see the
future. My point is that within a few years, enhanced loran will be
available when GPS is not.

That must be some joke fostered by the LORAN equipment manufacturers.

The high-end stuff that goes oceanic all have triple IRS units, which with
position mix will do far better than any LF "enhanced ADF."