Old March 21st 20, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Friesen

Default Solo 2350D won't start

On Friday, March 20, 2020 at 3:42:42 PM UTC-7, BillT wrote:
Our Duo's turbo has suddenly stopped working. It spins up ok at 55Kt when decompressed & continues windmilling when the decompression is released. The engine starts after 2 - 3 seconds, runs for 2 seconds then cuts out. After 1 - 2 seconds it starts again & the sequence is repeated. It's as if the rpm cut out is operating (which happens if the revs exceed 6500) but I'm certain that's not happening & have been careful to ensure the speed doesn't exceed 60Kt. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

Check fuel pump for outlet pressure (not just confirming flow, actually measuring the pressure and compare to spec sheet).