Old March 24th 20, 07:21 PM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike N. View Post
I am having a similar problem in my Ventus Ct. Mine will not start at all.

Is there any way to check for spark on the ground?
I pulled the plugs and hand propped while holding the plugs to the side of the engine case and could see no spark.

Is there a A&P familiar with the Solo motors in south east U.S., or better yet Florida?

Thanks for any help.
Mike
Hi Mike

Even if you were getting a spark it might not be that helpful in diagnosing the reason for not starting.

An acquaintance with a D2cT was having a similar problem. He was getting spark, testing as you did. He also had the coils bench tested as being ok but it eventually turned out they were breaking down under load so no joy. He is an experienced 2T & 4T mechanic who used to road race back in the day and he was stumped by it

New coils fixed his problem

:-/ Colin

Last edited by Ventus_a : March 24th 20 at 11:53 PM.