Old November 17th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,alt.war.vietnam,sci.military.naval,us.military.army
Nigel Brooks

Default IVAW - Alex Bacon

"Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D." wrote in message

Iraq Veterans Against the War
http://ivaw.org

Alex Bacon
Branch: United States Coast Guard (USCG)
Home: Washington

I enlisted in the Coast Guard six months after I graduated from high
school. I went to basic training in Cape May, NJ in January of 2001,
and my first duty station was the 378’ USCG Rush in Honolulu, HI. I
realized fairly quickly that I had made a mistake, and as impulsively
as I joined the Coast Guard I went AWOL.

"rest of justification bull**** snipped"

So he graduated from basic around March of 2001, gets assigned to a cutter
in Honolulu and decides to go AWOL.

Oh the horror - the horror. What a total ******.

Even redvet did his time

Nigel Brooks