Old March 17th 05, 08:08 AM
Jim Carriere

Matt Wiser wrote:
Is the Eglin AFB museum open to the public? Since 9-11 several bases have
had to restrict museum attendance to DOD personnel or to school/civic groups
(e.g Peterson AFB and Dover AFB, among others). I'd love to visit Eglin's
if there are no such restrictions.

Good question. Don't know the answer to that one, I'd call them in
the morning if I were you:

http://www.eglin.af.mil/phone-listing.htm

By the way, the operator at the first number can help you if none of
the others quite match what you want. There have to be a whole lot
more phone numbers for a base that size.

One more thing, I'm pretty sure Eglin has an airshow in about a
month. Timing is everything