Old August 26th 03, 08:14 PM
Chip Jones

"tscottme" wrote in message

Brad Z wrote in message
. net...
I was departing Harford Co MD airport yesterday (0W3) enroute to
Chesterfield MD (FCI). 0W3 is a small non-towered field with no

ground
communications to ATC or FSS. In trying to pick up my clearance on

the
ground, I attempted to contact Leesburg FSS on the 1-800-WX-BRIEF.

Due to
call volume,

snip

I would have told the controller something like, "if I had known being
elected to Congress would do me no good in times like this, I would have
just remained Governor."

--

LOL!

Either that or: "Potomac Approach, N123, this is the Eastern Regional
Administrator. Give me your operating initials over this frequency. Advise
you contact your NATCA representative. I will be calling the facility
management via commercial landline within 60 minutes to discuss your
on-the-job performance and certification remedy. Over..."

Chip, ZTL