Old July 12th 05, 06:06 PM

Jim,

Walt Rogers here, WX (Discus 2A). Friday morning when I left I remember
seeing a tie-down in the dirt that looked like a Claw with nylon
webbing straps. My trailer was temporarily parked (overnight) just off
(to the NE) of the ramp apron. The tie-down was about 15-20ft in from
the ramp edge about in the middle. This was not far from Sam
Zimmerman's motor home and behind Brian Milner's Nimbus 4 tie-down
area.

Yep, I bet that's what you are looking for. Don't remember seeing the
weak link and poly rope, though. I remember thinking that somebody
probably left it there, since most pilots had left by 10am.

Walt Rogers