Old October 10th 05, 09:21 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 03:34:29 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
.. .

7110.65 4-8-1. APPROACH CLEARANCE
a. ... Standard Instrument Approach Procedures shall commence at an
Initial
Approach Fix or an Intermediate Approach Fix if there is not an
Initial Approach Fix.

That requirement is not violated. AWI123 intercepts the localizer fifteen
miles south of DEPRE. DEPRE is an IAF.

What is the minimum altitude at DEPRE when it is being used as an IAF?

AWI123 is level at 3000 and five miles south of DEPRE when cleared for the
approach. He follows the localizer down and crosses DEPRE at 2141 MSL.

How is the initial segment defined?

The segment between the intial approach fix and the intermediate fix or the
point where the aircraft is established on the intermediate course or final
approach course.

How will you navigate from DEPRE to the FAF for the ILS approach?

Lateral guidance is provided by the localizer, if I've passed DEPRE I've
passed the FAF.

One other question which I keep forgetting to ask:

Does the TRACON have appropriate radar coverage and setup to use Radar
Vectors to Final in this area?