Old July 10th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mottley

Default RV

I am thinking of about the same spec as your new truck but there are 2
things that I am not sure about

1. the proposed RV Weighs 3900lbs dry
2. The Unit is also 11ft9inches long and requires a 42inch towbar
extension and I just wonder how the Cobra Trailer would perform when
towed on this? I am looking at getting maybe the shocks upgraded and
adding some Firestone Airbags.
I also intend to import this combination to Europe and therefore would
have little comeback if it does not work properly.

Bruno

I towed a Nimbus 3 trailer (probably same weight as your Duo) with a
Dodge 3500 reg cab long bed, DRW, Cummins and a 2800 pound camper. Not
a problem. I would not have liked doing this with a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton
with single rear wheels. The dual rear wheels add a huge amount of
stability.

I just upgraded my 3500 to a quad cab, 4wd, drw, 3500, cummins for just
under $34k, including satellite radio. My camper cost about $9k used,
has AC, microwave, full bath and queen size aero bed.

The Cummins pulls the load easily and the turbo makes molehills out of
mountains.

Jim

Mottley wrote:
I am looking for some feedback regarding towing glider trailers (Duo
Discus) with a Truck Slide on RV such as
http://www.lancecamper.com/2006/1191.html
Any info is appreciated