Old March 7th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.global-warming
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

Dan wrote in
:

On Mar 7, 6:27 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dan wrote in
@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

On Mar 7, 5:53 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

And the sky can't fall, it is not affected by gravity.

Actually, it is...

Bertie

Only in a High pressure system...

Try switching gravity off and see how much of a sky you have.

Bertie

I hate it when that happens.

imagination is a powerful tool in begining to understand ho wnay machine
works. Particularly one you can't switch off and disassemble. All of the
forces and elements on and in the vicinity of earth drive our weather.
Of course it's cyclic and of course we're living in an unusually
peaceful period of realtively docile weather. Novody knows for sure what
is going to happen and nobody who has any sense is saying they do. There
are likely scenarios though and none of them are good. It may be that we
have little or nothing to do with it but that is very unlikely. But if
we are and even if it were only a slom chance we were ( it isn't, but
bear with me for argument's sake) then we're effectively playing russian
roullete.
As to the economic argument, I simply don't buy it. If the oil
disappeeard tomorrow we'd figure out a way to cope. There are lots of
promising technologies and, more than likely, more to come. These can
only help ensure a sound economic future.
Don;'t like paying beaurocrats? Go support someone who's doing
something. But a proiduct that's moving things the right way..
Even leaving aside the ecological aspects of continued use of IC engines
, the saddest part is after 130 years they haven't improved much at all.
I love old engines. i've owned a bbunch of real old machines ( including
a coule of 19th century cars) and their efficiency isnt significantly
worse than what;s out there today ( though they were a bit draftier)

A bit of a kick in the ass , whatever the reason, will do no harm at
all.

Bertie