Old May 24th 10, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Disk vs Drum on Trailer

On 5/21/2010 7:29 AM, Brian wrote:
On May 20, 9:14 pm, wrote:

Am I to believe that RAS has no opinion about Disk vs Drum brakes??
Obviously you all have an opinion about all the stuff that I didnt ask
about

Hi Tony,

Apparently not, I haven't ever seen disk brakes on a trailer so I
can't have much of an opinion on them. My only concern would be that
trailers tend to sit out side a bunch and I wonder if corrosion on the
Disks would be a concern.

It doesn't seem to be a problem for airplane disk brakes, or all the
cars that sit outside. Drum brakes can rust, too, in a humid enviornment.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz