Old June 25th 04, 08:04 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Alan Minyard" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:59:15 -0400, (Peter Stickney)

wrote:

In article ,
362436 (Ron) writes:
The P-3s first flew combat in Bosnia, firing SLAMs against Serb

positions.

They also flew combat in both Gulf Wars.

Al Minyard

Okay Al, if they first flew combat in Bosnia, then how did they go back

in time
to the first gulf war?

OOOOPS, I really screwed the pooch on that one!! :-)

Maybe thats why the Chinese wanted to hold on to that EP-3 for a while,

discern its time travel capabilities, which we of course stole from the

Germans
at some point of course...(chiming in before you know who can)

It's all foolishness anyway - the first P-3 combat missions were in
Viet Nam, as part of Market Time. As somebody pointed out, one was
lost to ground fire. If that isn't combat, what is?

Yes, but for some reason they are no considered as such by the USN. They
also flew some very dicey "cold war" missions, but I do not know if they

ever
expended any ordnance during those (a lot of buoys got wet)

Eh? Who says they were not considered as combat actions? They were tasked to
patrol areas where it was possible to get shot at, they got shot at, and one
was shot *down*--hard to get much more "combat" than that.

Brooks

Al Minyard