Old May 6th 05, 04:03 AM
John Clonts

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message ...

"Michael" wrote in message
ups.com...
A friend of mine switched to Autolites on his Mooney. He then
discovered that the deep socket he used on his Champions wasn't quite
deep enough for the Autolites. Had to get a new socket, specialty
item, wiping out much of the savings.

In terms of how they work - no discernible difference.

Michael

My deep socket works on both brands. It is an off the shelf socket from the
local farm store that cost at most $7.00.

Yeah, I needed a spark plug socket immediately one night and couldn't find it in the socket section of the auto
parts store-- but further down the isle I found an "Oxygen Sensor Socket"! It's 7/8, extra deep, and has a
slot up the side that allows you to easily use it on the "cable cap nut" too...
--
Cheers,
John Clonts