Old January 18th 04, 07:32 PM
Bob

Yes, definately, the weight & balance section is definately and area that an
inspector is subject to check. Whether he (or she) will check it or not is
a crapshoot. Further than that, as far as the "checkboxe"s are concerned I'm
not quite sure if you are asking me a question or what you are asking. Few
weight and balance sheets are exactly the same. I will ASSume that if the
check box next to dual controls is checked, that would mean that that
aircraft WAS WEIGHED with the duals installed. If subsequently removed,
then the weight, station, and moment of the duals would need to be known in
order to correctly re-calculate W & B. I would say that on most aircraft,
that change is negligible whether they're in or out. BUT it is a required
(and many more times than not, a neglected) calculation on installation and
removal after the "as weighed" CG has been determined. Pilots make weight
and balance recalculations all the time. My comments earlier in this thread
were regarding WHO is authorized to install and remove the duals. Anyone
performing the task must be following a PROCEDURE. Where is the procedure?
As I said, it's probably in the Maintenance Manual, making it a Maintenance
procedure. Mechanics are supposed to make flight manual entries for W & B
also. There would be a certificate number entry possibility. Hope this
helped!
Bob